Monday, December 22, 2008

Good-bye Suzie on the train to Philadelphia

i had an interesting technology experience.

It began on - August 8, 2008 - on the train to Philadelphia - I was listening to a Q compilation album on my I-Pod for the first time after loading it on there months ago.

I heard the song Good-Bye Suzie by John Howard, a rerelease from 1975. It turned into one of those song I couldn't get it out of my head.

Last week i was killing time while riding the bus home from work. I googled that song on my blackberry and ended up on John Howard's website. It turns out that he has been recording and putting out music for many years.

I sent him an e-mail from my blackberry telling him how much i love that song. He wrote back almost immediately, thanking me for being a fan.

This is the kind of thing that could not have happened even five years ago. The modern world is very strange indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment