Sunday, February 7, 2010

So when did scooping become the norm?

When I was a kid, no one carried plastic bags with them when they walked the dog.  The dog did his/her business wherever he/she damn well pleased.  I don't recall dog owners attempting to "va-poo-rize" the existence of said poop.  When we lived in Klamath Falls, OR, my dad had some sort ofI device to aid him in picking up the poop from the front and back yard, a long metal pole with scooping pincher claws at the end of it.  This was a chore that I resisted mightily but was sometimes forced to do.

I live in a neighborhood with LOTS of dogs and dog-walking.  When I see a medium to large-sized dog, all I can think about is how much poop the owner had to scoop.  That can't be a pleasant task.  Jerry Seinfeld did a bit about Martians studying humans and dogs and thinking that the dogs were the ones in charge since the humans were performing such a menial task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment